How to Add a New Gmail Account to an Android Phone
- Open the Menu -> Settings -> Accounts & sync -> Add account.
- Then you will see 3 options (Corporate, Facebook, Google) for you to choose. Click "Google" and then you'll go to the section of "Adding an account".
- Click "Next" -> "Already have a Google Account" - > "Sign In".
- Now your Google account has been successfully added.
- Note: you can use more than one Google account on your phone (such as your home and work account).
However sometimes you already have attached an account to your phone but want to remove/delete it when you want to donate the phone or have other personal usages with high phone privacy security. Well, it is also quite simple to get it done.
How to Delete Current Gmail Account on an Android Phone
- Still open the Menu, go to Settings option, then Account & sync, move to your account right under Manage accounts.
- Click your account and you'll see Data & Synchronization tab. Move down to the bottom and you'll see Remove account.
- Then it will hint this "Do you really want to remove this account? Removing it will also delete all……". If you have backup the data (Contacts, SMS etc), then just hit Remove account.
- Depending on different cases, it will pop out a message warning "This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults(which delete all your personal data)……"
- Then back to Settings -> Privacy -> Personal data -> Factory data reset. Click Reset Phone option and Erase everything.
- Then your phone will restart again and back to factory settings. Note: all your phone internal memory files (such as Contacts, SMS, Call log etc.) will gone, while the external memory stuff on your sd card will remain intact.
Deleting a Google account is a little more complicated than adding a new account, so better be careful in case you may lose some important files.